Monday, December 26, 2005

Missing my son in Montana


In a fit of pique I wrote the following e-mail to my older son, Colin Hume:

Subject: Write me you Big Poop of a Son or you will end up working here...

And I somehow got the wrong e-mail server and in return-to my delight- I recieved the following letter from a young fellow who actually recieved my e-mail:

Dear Marnie, I would be very proud if you where my mother. I love your pages, It's so nice to see your life in afghanistan. I would love to visit. I love the landscape very like Tibet. I'm a 36 year old MD of a digital photo retouching business in London. I'm one of those Buddhist Quakers!
Have a peaceful Christmas.
Kindest Regards
Colin Hume (from London)

So, still missing my son but so glad to have a Colin Hume in London to correspond with.

No comments:

 
webhosting webhosting